28 Aralık 2008 Pazar

THE HISTORY OF GALATASARAY


Galatasaray is first established in 1481 as an educational institution for the purpose of preparing young men for public service. Galatasaray is probably one of the oldest schools of its kind in the world. After giving valuable service to the state for over 350 years,Galatasaray was replaced by a modern school functioning along the French classical education system,which is called “Lycee Imperial de Galata-Serai” which opened in 1868 in the same premises. After the Republic the name was changed in 1923 to “Lycee de Galatasaray”

Galatasaray Sport club's origine is based on this Lycee. This Lycee founded Galatasaray and gave its name..

2 yorum:

Adsız dedi ki...

Thanks a lot for sharing the history of galatasaray with us,because I am a supporter of it.I learnt about the history of my team after I have read your writing.

hell in dedi ki...

when I was at high school I used to envy the student who were there because I love that school so much there are a lot of important teacher there for example candan ercetin is their music teacher.. I wanted to go there but that didn't happen...